Lorraine Ell, CEO of Better Money Decisions, and President of Excellat Consulting, shares insights she has gained from over two decades in the financial service industry helping business owners build successful practices. Learn about the three primary financial risk management mistakes that business owners make, and the steps you can take to make sure you keep your business on track.
About Lorraine Ell
Lorraine Ell is the President of Excellat Consulting and creator of the Excellat Operations Optimization™ workshop. With two decades in the financial services industry she has helped independent advisors create and sustain successful practices. Most recently, she designed and directed the centralized operations department for a new RIA firm which grew from zero to $200 million in assets under management in less than six years.
As a life-long entrepreneur, Lorraine has lived, worked and traveled for several years in Europe, the Middle East and Asia. With her experience both here and abroad in a variety of businesses she now sees her determination and confidence as enlightening a path to true independence for those she helps.
Currently, Lorraine lives with her husband in New Mexico and visits her three sons and their families at every opportunity.
· Created a world-class import, marketing, and distribution company in post-communist Hungary.
· Director of Operations for an RIA firm awarded 5 Fastest Growing Firm Awards by Financial Advisor Magazine and chosen twice for the New Mexico Private 100.
· Current co-owner of Better Money Decisions, a women focused financial advisory firm.
· Co-Founder of successful RIA firm in the 1980s.
· Founded the first woman-owned Adult English Language School in Saudi Arabia.
· Published AMCHAM, the first widely distributed magazine for the Hungarian-American Chamber of Commerce, the largest in Europe.
· Member of Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honor Society.
· Awarded the first B.A. in Linguistics from Michigan State University based on completing the M.A. degree classes as an undergraduate, then completed an M.A. in Leadership.Board memberships: The American International School of Budapest, The American Hungarian Chamber of Commerce, NAWBO New Mexico; Past- Chair, Albuquerque Committee on Foreign Relations.